Building Department Division
Permit Application Process
Step 1: Proceed with completing an application only if the property address is in the City of Anoka.
- If the address is not in the City of Anoka, please contact the city or township in which the address is located and that jurisdiction will be able to help you.
Step 2: Complete and submit your application with any required documents such as your site plan and building plans.
- The applications are fillable PDFs. Applications are updated almost yearly; therefore, please use the most current application form posted below. Please note we have separate applications for roofing, siding and windows/doors replacements (same size).
- Applications may be submitted via email, mailed or put in the drop box located outside of Anoka City Hall. We no longer accept applications through facsimile.
- If you have code construction questions, please contact the Building Official. If you have zoning questions, please contact the City Planner. If you have other questions, please contact the Building Permit Technician.
Step 3: Your application will be reviewed and we will call you upon approval regarding payment for the permit.
- We accept Visa, Master Card, Discover or checks.
- Issued permits will be emailed to you unless otherwise indicated.
Step 4: Proceed with your project and schedule inspections.
- To schedule inspections, you can either
- Email your request to Comdev@ci.anoka.mn.us or
- Call 763-576-2720
Permit Application Forms
- Accessory Building Site Plan Review (Required for Buildings Under 200 Square Feet) (PDF)
- Building Application 5-1-2020
- Building Relocation Application 5-1-2020
- Demolition Application 5-1-2020
- Driveway Application 5-1-2020
- Electric Application 2020
- Electric Fee Worksheet for Existing Multi-Family Dwelling
- Electric Fee Worksheet for Existing One and Two Family Dwellings
- Electric Fee Worksheet for New Multi-Family Dwelling
- Electric Fee Worksheet for New One and Two Family Dwellings
- Electric Fee Worksheet for Non-Dwellings
- Electrical Inspection Checklist for One-Family Dwellings
- Fence Application 5-1-2020
- Fire Alarm and Fire Suppression Application 5-1-2020
- Mechanical Application 2020
- Plumbing Application 5-1-2020
- Roof Application 5-1-2020
- Sewer and Water - Street to Structure Application 5-1-2020
- Siding Permit Application 2020
- Sign Application 5-1-2020
- Sub-Surface Treatment System Permit Application 5-1-2020
- Water Meter Application 9-24-2020
- Window-Door Replacement Application 5-1-2020