Reflections of Anoka Photo Contest
The Photo Contest is now closed. Judging has been rescheduled for mid-October. Participants will be notified of the results after the judging . Thank you for sharing your reflections of Anoka photos with us.
Calling all amateur and professional photographers. The City of Anoka is hosting its second photo contest in search of great pictures that capture the unique character of our historic river city! The deadline has been extended to Friday, September 4, 2020.
Contest Categories (any season)
- Architecture & Business
- Community Events
- Nature & Wildlife
- Parks & Recreation
- People & Pets
- Contest is open to all photographers; however, entrant must live, work or go to school in the city of Anoka.
- Preferred photos will “scream” Anoka—something recognizable.
- Up to 4 photos per entrant accepted with entry form for each photo.
- Release form must be included with photo entries of identifiable people.
- City employees are not eligible to participate.
- The City is not responsible for lost or misdirected entries.
- Email Anoka Photo Contest separately with each photo and its own entry form. Please type “2020 Photo Contest” in the subject line.
- Deadline is Friday, September 4, 2020.
- Color photos must be submitted digitally in .jpg or .png format only and must be at least 2MB in size with a minimum resolution of 300 dpi.
- Photos must be taken within the city limits of the City of Anoka.
- Photos should not be older than two years old (summer of 2018).
- Entry is your guarantee that you are the original photographer, author and copyright holder of the photo.
- Minor digital enhancement is allowed; but images significantly modified or appear unnatural will be disqualified.
- No photos will be accepted with watermarks, names, or logos.
- All photos submitted become the property of the City of Anoka for use in any city communication platform; print, website, social media, etc.
- Category Winners: One amateur and one professional photographer photo will be named a winner in each category; and each will receive $30 in Anoka Bucks.
- All submitted photos may be used in city publications, on the city website and/or displayed at Anoka City Hall.
- Conducted by the Park & Recreation Advisory Board in September of 2020.
- All decisions are final; judges reserve the right to disqualify any entrant.
- Keep in mind, we are seeking photos that showcase Anoka with subjects that are specifically recognizable to the Anoka area.
If you have any questions, please call Pam at 763-576-2725 or email Pam Bowman.