Clean Energy Choice Program
Are you thinking about trying to be more "Green" at home? Instead of incurring the cost of adding new equipment to your home such as solar panels, you can choose to purchase more eco-friendly power through our Clean Energy Choice program!
Residential customers pay only $1, $2, or $3 per bill (monthly) to do your part in helping to convert our purchased power sources to "clean and green" sources such as wind, hydro, biomass, and solar energy. As a member of the Minnesota Municipal Power Agency (MMPA), Anoka Municipal Utility (AMU) works with Avant Energy - an associate member of the MMPA, who buys and sells electricity for us. MMPA has enough clean energy sources in their portfolio to have the potential to supply all of our purchased power as green if everyone joins in to make the conversion. Because we are a community-owned utility, it is up to all of us to make a difference!!!
Today, 20% of your home’s electricity comes from renewable energy, as required by the State of Minnesota. With the Clean Energy Choice Program, you now have a choice of increasing your renewable energy mix to 50%, 75% or 100% to renewable "clean" sources - for only a few extra dollars per month!
Residential Program Benefits & Pricing
- Low Cost- Simple fixed cost of $1 for 50%, $2 for 75%, or $3 for 100% per month!
- Predictable Cost - Fixed monthly cost, no surprises!
- Cost does not change based on usage.
- Easy to Sign Up - Call 763-576-2750, ext. 3 or visit Clean Energy Choice
- Easy to Cancel - Subscription is monthly - cancel any time
Previous Green and Clean Energy programs have been reformatted to this easy low-cost program! If you were on the previous Clean energy program, you are already a part of this program at the $3 per month, 100% level. Customers who were taking part in the Green energy program were moved to this program at a level not to exceed their previous programs total block charges. Please call if you have any questions.
Businesses can also "Go Green"! Participants will be recognized with a Clean Energy Choice Program certificate and window decal. Share your efforts with your customers via your website, press, social media, and other outlets - promote your business as being Powered by 100% Renewable Energy!!!
Benefits & Pricing
- Promote your business as powered by 100% renewable energy (all clean!)
- Free window decal for your storefront and certificate to display - also share via social media, press, and other outlets!
- Low Cost- an incremental charge of $0.002 per Kilo-Watt Hour (kWh) above regular retail rates. (The charge is applied to all kWh in excess of the 20% Minnesota R.E. standard)
For example: a customer with usage of 10,000 kWh per month would pay a monthly program surcharge of $16.00 [10,000 x (100% minus 20%) x $0.002].
Sign-Up Today!!! - Business customers can sign-up anytime. Please call Anoka Municipal utility at 763-576-2750 option Number 3 for more information. Clean Energy Choice for Business participation is on a calendar year basis. Customers would remain on the program until they notify the utility that they are unsubscribing.
Purchasing Solar Panels
If you are still interested in purchasing your own "green" equipment, check out this Distributed Generation Policy (PDF) about adding solar panels to your home or business.